***This position is open until filled***
RREDCO is seeking an Accounting Specialist. This team member will provide oversight for Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Revenue Audit, Banking and Accounts Receivable. Will assist the Controller in month end accounting functions, general ledger entries, reconciliations and annual audit preparation.
- A minimum of five (5) years of accounting or related progressive experience is required
- A strong understanding of the principles and practices of employee supervision, along with a strong combination of written and verbal communication skills to write, read, and comprehend written correspondence, concurrent with the ability to effectively communicate with guests and team members of the organization is required
- The ability to perform job functions in an atmosphere where priorities and deadlines may change frequently is required
- Strong computer skills, concurrent with demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and online accounting systems are preferred
The physical requirements outlined here are representative of those that must be met by the team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Continuously sits
- Frequently reaches above/below shoulder level
- Occasionally stands, walks, bends/stoops, climbs, kneels, squats and crawls
- Frequently lifts/carries up to ten (10) pounds is required
- Occasionally lifts/carries up to fifty (50) pounds is required
- Occasionally Pushes/pulls up to seventy five (75) pounds is required
A completed Redding Rancheria job application must be submitted in order to be considered for employment. You can fill out an application online at www.redding-rancheria.com, please fax (530-242-4563), email (email@example.com) or bring in to Redding Rancheria at 2000 Redding Rancheria Road, Redding Ca 96001.
All certifications, credentials/ licenses, education verification /degrees and/or transcripts, and Indian verification are required to process your application.
Indian preference applies, but we welcome all applicants who wish to apply for this position. To receive Indian preference, certification of Native American heritage needs to be attached to the job application.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background screening clearance. All employees are required to submit to a Tuberculosis test (TB) test after they are hired in addition to being tested annually.
We offer a competitive salary as well as having a work schedule running Monday through Friday. In addition, Redding Rancheria offers an excellent benefit package containing Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short/Long Term disability, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave as well as a generous 401(k) retirement plan.
Redding Rancheria is a federally recognized Tribe with Pit River, Wintu and Yana people where pride in Tribal culture, history and identity is evident internally and in the larger community. Redding Rancheria is a leader in the constructive development of its people, the larger Indian community and the Redding region.
Redding Rancheria participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Visit the E-Verify URL below for more information.
For further information, please contact Human Resources Dept. at (530) 225-8979.