Maintains all accounting functions and the general ledger for RREDCO and all subdivision entities. Prepares all monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements for presentation to the RREDCO Board of Directors. Assists in preparing all required financial and accounting reports, including annual budgets, audit preparation, and prospective business plans. Creates and maintains all internal controls to protect the organization and all assets. Assists in future economic development of the Tribe.
Essential Job Duties:
- Oversees financial operations to include General Ledger, Payroll, Revenue Audit, Banking, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Purchasing, including the responsibilities of planning, assigning, and directing work flow.
- Prepares all month end general ledger entries, liability accruals, etc. to assure accurate and timely financial statements. Preparation of monthly notes, financial statements and presentation for review by the President.
- Monitors all capital expenditures and records all CIP, fixed asset additions and disposals; records General Ledger activity related to assets, gains and/or losses on disposals of assets and calculation and booking of depreciation
- Directs and coordinates financial planning and budget management functions of RREDCO and related entities to develop financial and budget policies and procedures.
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget.
- Maintain records and ensure that appropriate general ledger entries are made timely, accurately and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Assist with preparation of pro-forma financial statements for contract negotiation and investment decisions.
- Ensure compliance with local, State, Federal, and Tribal reporting requirements.
- Coordinate debt financing and debt service payments.
- Process payroll for RREDCO and related entities.
- Manage accounting and software databases.
- Responsible for preparation of RREDCO and subdivision books for external audit
- Responsible for all compliance issues with Tribal reporting, as well as other governmental and oversight bodies.
- Other duties as defined by management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of all Redding Rancheria financial policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of fiscal controls related to the safeguarding of institutional funds.
- Skill in budget preparation and management.
- Experience in risk management.
- Strong verbal, written and quantitative communication skills.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting or related field and/or minimum five years hands-on related experience and/ knowledge of all generally accepted accounting principles, internal control, and financial statement preparation.
***This position is open through Monday, May 10, 2021. ***
A completed Redding Rancheria job application must be submitted in order to be considered for employment. You can fill out an application online at www.reddingrancheria-nsn.gov, please fax (530-242-4563), email (email@example.com) or bring in to Redding Rancheria at 2000 Redding Rancheria Road, Redding Ca 96001.
All certifications, credentials/ licenses, education verification /degrees and/or transcripts, and Indian verification are required to process your application.
Indian preference applies, but we welcome all applicants who wish to apply for this position. To receive Indian preference, certification of Native American heritage needs to be attached to the job application.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen. All employees are required to submit to a Tuberculosis test (TB) test after they are hired in addition to being tested annually.
We offer a competitive salary as well as having a work schedule running Monday through Friday. In addition, Redding Rancheria offers an excellent benefit package containing Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short/Long Term disability, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave as well as a generous 401(k) retirement plan.
Redding Rancheria is a federally recognized Tribe with Pit River, Wintu and Yana people where pride in Tribal culture, history and identity is evident internally and in the larger community. Redding Rancheria is a leader in the constructive development of its people, the larger Indian community and the Redding region.
Redding Rancheria participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Visit the E-Verify URL below for more information.
For further information, please contact Human Resources Dept. at (530) 225-8979.