***This position is open until filled. ***
This team member ensures overall thoroughness, preparation standards, and expedition of food to the guests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities outlined here are representative of those that must be met by the team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this position, however, are not all inclusive:
1. Stocks all raw products in the hot and cold stations, as required to prepare all menu dishes
2. Prepares all menu dishes as listed, including breakfast, lunch, dinner, room service, door dash, and banquet menus
3. Receives and stores food items delivered by suppliers according to the existing policies and procedures when required
4. Works the shifts as scheduled in all locations, including main, banquet, and any other kitchen locations
5. Keeps the walk-ins/freezer(s) up to standard and in compliance with Department of Health regulations
6. Participates in banquet preparation, including weddings, special occasions, and organized functions
7. Washes dishes and cleans kitchen as necessary
8. Fills up work station for the following shift
9. Prepares food requisition for the main station to the Kitchen Supervisor on a daily basis
10. Maintains uniform in good working order
11. Wears appropriate chef hat or hair net while working in kitchen or prep areas
12. Cares for utensils and operating equipment with regards to cleanliness, completes regular maintenance and proper handling and storage
13. Practices good personal hygiene as set by Hotel policy
14. Attends training/meetings when scheduled
15. Acts quickly to address guest complaints and to takes action to resolve the issue
16. Other duties as assigned by the Kitchen Supervisor, Assistant General Manager, and/or General Manager
The education requirements outlined here are representative of the minimum that must be met by the team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this position; however, higher levels of education than required will be reflected during the recruitment process:
A High School diploma, or the equivalent thereof, is preferred
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
The experience and knowledge requirements outlined here are representative of the minimum that must be met by the team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this position; however, higher levels of experience and knowledge than required may be reflected during the recruitment process:
- Two (2) years Line Cook experience in a similar environment with working knowledge of kitchen equipment and its proper use, as well as excellent knife skills is required
- The ability to read, understand, and prepare recipes is required
- Food Handlers Certificate required
The physical requirements outlined here are representative of those that must be met by the team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- The ability to climb stairs and ladders, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, push, pull, or sit for an extended period of time, up to eight (8) hours or more, is required
- The ability to taste and smell is required
- This team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20-25 pounds on a daily basis and up to 75 pounds on a weekly basis
- The ability to use close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus is required
The working conditions outlined here are representative of those that the team member will or may be exposed to while performing the functions of this job:
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Native American Preference Policy applies
- RREDCO is a drug-free workplace; applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be instructed by management to perform other tasks or functions
- This job description is not a contract for employment. Employment with RREDCO is considered “at-will”
- Must be able to comply with the RREDCO Common Language Rule
- Reasonable accommodations may or may not be made dependent upon the nature of the work required by the position
- RREDCO reserves the right to add, delete or modify without notice
A completed RREDCO job application must be submitted in order to be considered for employment. You can fill out an application online at www.reddingrancheria-nsn.gov, email (RREDCO-HR@win-river.com) or bring in to Redding Rancheria at 2000 Redding Rancheria Road, Redding Ca 96001.
All certifications, credentials/ licenses, education verification /degrees and/or transcripts, and Indian verification are required to process your application.
Indian preference applies, but we welcome all applicants who wish to apply for this position. To receive Indian preference, certification of Native American heritage needs to be attached to the job application.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background screening clearance. All employees are required to submit to a Tuberculosis test (TB) test after they are hired in addition to being tested annually.
We offer a competitive salary as well as having a work schedule running Monday through Friday. In addition, Redding Rancheria offers an excellent benefit package containing Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short/Long Term disability, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave as well as a generous 401(k) retirement plan.
Redding Rancheria is a federally recognized Tribe with Pit River, Wintu and Yana people where pride in Tribal culture, history and identity is evident internally and in the larger community. Redding Rancheria is a leader in the constructive development of its people, the larger Indian community and the Redding region.