Aaron Miller-Clinical Data Analyst
Aaron was born in Redding and has lived in the general area since. He completed his bachelor’s degree in Health Informatics in late 2019 and is currently finishing his master’s degree in Data Analytics. He has been working with Redding Rancheria since August of 2020. When he is not working, he enjoys golfing, brewing beer and camping with his wife and dogs.
- Interesting fact about you: I really enjoy the process of getting into a new hobby and learning new skills.
- Favorite TV show when growing up: The Expanse
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
When I was young I wanted to become an orthopedic surgeon.
Nicole is originally from Grants Pass, OR. As a young adult she moved to Dallas-Fort Worth, TX where she got her Bachelor of Science in nursing degree and had her first job as an ER nurse at a busy hospital in Dallas, TX. She was an ER/trauma nurse for 8 years. She has a Master of Science in Nursing. She has been with Redding Rancheria now for almost 3 years and she is happier than ever with her job!
- Hobbies: I love to fish, go camping or hiking. I also love to read, especially historical fiction and fantasy!
Vicki Iwanski-Administrative Assistant II
Vicki was born in Texas and grew up in Redding with her adopted family. She has her degree in Medical Assistant and Phlebotomy. She has taught at IOT and is currently pursuing a degree in Health Informatics. She has worked for the Redding Rancheria for 13 years and has had the opportunity to watch it grow into the huge work family it has become. She is very family oriented and enjoys most of her free time with extended family and her children.
- Interesting fact about you: I am an identical twin.
- Favorite movie/ TV show when growing up: My favorite actress is Melissa McCarthy, all her movies are funny and everyone loves a good laugh.
- What did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to be a Veterinarian.
Shannon Cohen-Dental Hygienist
Shannon was born and raised in Cottonwood, California. She always knew she wanted to work in the dental field. In high school, she worked as a dental assistant through ROP and later went on to become a Registered Dental Hygienist. She has been a Registered Dental Hygienist with the Redding Rancheria for a little over nine years now. When she’s not at work, she enjoys boating on the lake, playing volleyball, camping, and spending time with my family.
- Interesting fact about you: I like to buy, remodel, and sell houses.
Carlos Wilson- Maintenance Worker
Carlos grew up in Hat Creek, and Burney, California. He is an Atsugewi band member within the Pit River Tribe. He has been with the Redding Rancheria going on 10 years. In his free time, he enjoys bass fishing, attending family gatherings, welding and public speaking. Carlos is the 11th child out of 12 in his family.
- Interesting fact about you: I enjoy watching documentaries of all sorts.
- What did you want to be when you grew up? I always wanted to be a motivational speaker to help encourage others.
Michelle Espinosa- Pharmacy Technician
Michelle was born in Walnut Creek, CA and moved to Happy Valley freshman year and attended West Valley High School in Cottonwood, (yes, culture shock for a teenager from the city). She attended IOT to become a Pharmacy Technician, and came to the Rancheria as a student in 2011, and was soon hired on working relief. After a few years of retail experience she finally earned a full time position in 2014.
When not at work she is a proud mother of three, ages 15, 13, and 11. Their hobbies include pretty much anything outdoors such as camping, hunting, fishing, target shooting or just a walk along the river trails. She have also been passing down some cherished family recipes.
- Interesting fact about you: I have ran in two 5k events
- Favorite TV show when growing up: Any stand up comedy
- What did you want to be when you grew up? Cosmetologist or a Chef
Lane Rickard-Government Affairs Manager
Lane was born and raised in Redding, California. He found passion in working with local political campaigns. Eventually he was hired as a District Representative for the California Senate. Lane managed the Redding district office of State Senator Ted Gaines for 6 years before beginning consulting work for the Redding Rancheria. This lead to his eventual hiring as the Government Affairs Manager back in March of 2020. When he is not in the office, Lane enjoys traveling and socializing.
- Interesting fact about you: I love studying history!
- Favorite TV show when growing up: Community
- What did you want to be when you grew up? Lobbyist
Anthony Ruiz-Certified Coder
Anthony is originally from Los Angeles, Ca. He served in the United States Navy Seabees, a construction battalion for the Navy. He entered Medical Billing as a trainee about 20 years ago and through further training became a Certified Professional Coder.
He has been with Redding Rancheria Tribal Health System for 2 years in July. He has 5 granddaughters and enjoy giving them rides on his tractor. He is an avid woodworker and has a nice shop set up at his home. He enjoys reading Science Fiction and does so almost every evening.
- Interesting fact about you: I worked as an independent remodeling contractor for 12 years.
Wesley Ripptoe-Medical Assistant Educator
Wesley was born and raised in Weaverville. He ended up joining the USMC out of high school and did that for 8 years. When he got out he ended up going to school for his EMT certificate and fell in love with the medical field. He then went to school at College of the Redwoods for his Paramedic. He has worked with the Redding Rancheria since September 28th 2020. He enjoys playing board games and outside activities.
- Favorite TV show when growing up: Old school cartoons