***This position is open until filled. ***
This position operates cash registers and interacts with customers in a courteous/professional manner. Assists in stocking shelves, coolers, maintains food and drink dispensing equipment in a clean and sanitary condition. Performs basic clean up procedures in and around the store and car wash facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities outlined here are representative of those that must be met by the team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this position, however, are not all inclusive:
1. Operate cash registers and gasoline read-in console to completely and accurately record all sales and other transactions
2 Ability to make change accurately
3. Check in and stock merchandise, according to Company procedures
4. Perform scheduled and interim maintenance on store equipment as necessary
5. Basic clean up of messes, spills, or unsanitary conditions as soon as practical and immediately correct
6. Be aware of any hazardous situations that may develop
7. Do routine cleanup chores around store grounds
8. Prevent or report any loitering, illegal or immoral activity occurring on Company property as soon as practical
9. Handle customer complaints, in the absence of the Mini-Mart Manager, promptly and courteously, according to company procedures
10. Performance of shift work
11. Other duties as assigned by Senior Clerk and/or Mini-Mart Manager
The education requirements outlined here are representative of the minimum that must be met by the team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this position; however, higher levels of education than required will be reflected during the recruitment process:
- A high school diploma, or equivalent, is preferred
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Six months experience dealing with cash registers in retail environment is preferred
- Must have superior customer service skills
- Must be proficient in the use of computer software programs, to include: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Demonstrated typing skills, 10-key by touch and the ability to operate office equipment
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
- Must be capable of interfacing with manager and staff, outside vendors, and service providers
- TIPS Training required
- Food Handlers Certificate required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The ability to climb stairs and ladders, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, push, pull, or sit for an extended period of time, up to eight (8) hours or more, is required
- The ability to use wrists and hands for long periods of time is required
- The ability to lift up to thirty (30) pounds regularly is required
- The ability to use a hand truck and move cases of product up to fifty (50) pounds is required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A completed RREDCO job application must be submitted in order to be considered for employment. You can fill out an application online at www.reddingrancheria-nsn.gov, email (RREDCO-HR@win-river.com) or bring in to Redding Rancheria at 2000 Redding Rancheria Road, Redding Ca 96001.
All certifications, credentials/ licenses, education verification /degrees and/or transcripts, and Indian verification are required to process your application.
Indian preference applies, but we welcome all applicants who wish to apply for this position. To receive Indian preference, certification of Native American heritage needs to be attached to the job application.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background screening clearance. All employees are required to submit to a Tuberculosis test (TB) test after they are hired in addition to being tested annually.
We offer a competitive salary as well as having a work schedule running Monday through Friday. In addition, Redding Rancheria offers an excellent benefit package containing Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short/Long Term disability, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave as well as a generous 401(k) retirement plan.
Redding Rancheria is a federally recognized Tribe with Pit River, Wintu and Yana people where pride in Tribal culture, history and identity is evident internally and in the larger community. Redding Rancheria is a leader in the constructive development of its people, the larger Indian community and the Redding region.