IMPORTANT Update: Read our COVID-19 Safety Plan
The Redding Rancheria offers a 5 hour/day Native American Head Start program to eligible children at our Children’s Center at 1950 Redding Rancheria Road. We have two Head Start classes that run at different hours: 8:00am-1:00pm and 9:00am-2:00pm. Children must be three years old by September 1st. The 23/24 school year begins on Monday, August 14, 2023 and follows the public school calendar. Limited transportation is available by school bus.
Head Start is a federally funded program and has strict eligibility requirements, with Native Americans, special needs and low income children having priority, four year olds have priority over three year olds. Parents do not need to be working or going to school to be eligible, but must meet federal income guidelines. A percentage of spots are reserved for Redding Rancheria Tribal Member children. There is no fee for the Head Start program. Currently accepting applications!
The Redding Rancheria offers a Full Day Child Care program (7:30am-5:15pm) at our Children’s Center at 1950 Redding Rancheria Road for preschool-age children whose parents are working at least 25 hours per week. Like Head Start, our Child Care program focuses on Kindergarten Readiness and follows the school year calendar. Child Care is closed for holiday breaks, and over summer. There are two options in our Child Care program:
- Subsidized Child Care:Preschoolers ages 3-5 may now enroll for a full day program. To be eligible, you must be Native American, working at least 25 hours per week and fall under the income ceiling. The sliding scale fees in our Child Care program are designed to assist low to moderate income level working families. Limited transportation is available by school bus. Applications are accepted and scored on an ongoing basis.
- Private Pay Child Care:For those families over the income ceiling a limited number of private pay child care slots are available. Call us for current fees.
All classrooms participate in the “Child and Adult Care Food Program” offered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, which provides all enrolled students with nutritious meals at no separate charge. For more information on USDA regulations click here
Head Start Events Calendar
Head Start Documents
- Redding Rancheria Head Start & Child Care Community Needs Assessment
- Redding Rancheria Head Start & Self Assessment Summary 2022-2023
- Redding Rancheria Head Start & Child Care Self Assessment Report
- Redding Rancheria Head Start and Child Care Annual Report 2023-2024
- Redding Rancheria Head Start & Child Care Policies and Procedures
- Redding Rancheria Head Start & Child Care Brochure
- Redding Rancheria Head Start & Child Care Annual Calendar 2023-2024
- Redding Rancheria Head Start & Child Care Parent Handbook 2023-2024
- Redding Rancheria Head Start Policy Council Handbook
- Redding Rancheria Child Care Handbook