IMPORTANT Update: Read our COVID-19 Safety Plan
Due to COVID-19 and Shasta County entering the Purple Tier, the Redding Rancheria Head Start & Child Care will be moving to Distance Learning on Monday, October 26. We are expected to be in the Purple Tier and follow this plan for a minimum of three weeks. We will be contacting you to discuss our Distance Learning Plan. Please call us at 225-8925 with any questions and we will do our best to answer them in this ever changing situation. We are also here to help with resources and referrals for you and your family during this time.
The Redding Rancheria offers a part-day Native American Head Start program to eligible children in our Children’s Center at 1950 Redding Rancheria Road. Children must be three years old by September 1st. The school year starts shortly after Labor Day and follows the public school calendar. Classes are offered in an AM/PM format with classes from 8:00 am – 12:00 pm and 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm. Limited transportation is available by school bus.
Head Start is a federally funded program and has strict eligibility requirements, with Native Americans, special needs and low income children having priority, four year old have priority over three year old. Parents do not need to be working or going to school to be eligible, but must be low income. There is no fee for the Head Start program. Currently accepting applications!
The Redding Rancheria now offers a Full Day Child Care program at our Children’s Center at 1950 Redding Rancheria Road for preschool children whose parents are working at least 25 hours per week.
Like Head Start, our Child Care program focuses on Kindergarten Readiness and follows the school year calendar. Child Care is closed for holidays, Christmas and Easter breaks and over the summer.
There are two options in our Child Care program:
- Subsidized Child Care: Preschoolers ages 3-5 may now enroll for a full day program. To be eligible, you must be Native American, working at least 25 hours per week and fall under the income ceiling. The sliding scale fees in our Child Care program are designed to assist low to moderate income level working families. Limited transportation via school bus is available. Applications are accepted and scored on an ongoing basis.
- Private Pay Child Care: For those families over the income ceiling a limited number of private pay child care slots are available. Call us for current fees.
All programs offer the USDA “School Lunch” program to all participants at no additional charge.
Head Start Documents
- Redding Rancheria Head Start and Child Care Annual Report 2019-2020
- Redding Rancheria Head Start & Child Care Policies and Procedures
- Redding Rancheria Head Start & Child Care Brochure
- Redding Rancheria Head Start & Child Care Annual Calendar
- Redding Rancheria Head Start & Child Care Parent Handbook
- Redding Rancheria Head Start Policy Council Handbook
- Redding Rancheria Child Care Handbook