IMPORTANT Update: Read our COVID-19 Safety Plan
The Redding Rancheria offers a 5 hour/day Native American Head Start program to eligible children at our Children’s Center at 1950 Redding Rancheria Road. We have two Head Start classes that run at different hours: 7:30am-12:30pm and 9:00am-2:00pm. Children must be three years old by September 1st. The 21/22 school year starts on Wednesday, August 11, 2021 and follows the public school calendar. Limited transportation is available by school bus. Head Start is a federally funded program and has strict eligibility requirements, with Native Americans, special needs and low income children having priority, four year olds have priority over three year olds. Parents do not need to be working or going to school to be eligible, but must be low income. A percentage of spots are reserved for Redding Rancheria Tribal Member children. There is no fee for the Head Start program. Currently accepting applications!
The Redding Rancheria offers a Full Day Child Care program (8:00am-5:00pm) at our Children’s Center at 1950 Redding Rancheria Road for preschool children whose parents are working at least 25 hours per week. Like Head Start, our Child Care program focuses on Kindergarten Readiness and follows the school year calendar. Child Care is closed for holidays, Christmas and Easter breaks and over the summer. There are two options in our Child Care program:
- Subsidized Child Care:Preschoolers ages 3-5 may now enroll for a full day program. To be eligible, you must be Native American, working at least 25 hours per week and fall under the income ceiling. The sliding scale fees in our Child Care program are designed to assist low to moderate income level working families. Limited transportation is available by school bus. Applications are accepted and scored on an ongoing basis.
- Private Pay Child Care:For those families over the income ceiling a limited number of private pay child care slots are available. Call us for current fees.
All programs offer the USDA “School Lunch” program to all participants at no additional charge. For more information on USDA regulations click here
Head Start Documents
- Redding Rancheria Head Start & Child Care Community Needs Assessment
- Redding Rancheria Head Start & Child Care Self Assessment Report
- Redding Rancheria Head Start and Child Care Annual Report 2020-2021
- Redding Rancheria Head Start & Child Care Policies and Procedures
- Redding Rancheria Head Start & Child Care Brochure
- Redding Rancheria Head Start & Child Care Annual Calendar
- Redding Rancheria Head Start & Child Care Parent Handbook
- Redding Rancheria Head Start Policy Council Handbook
- Redding Rancheria Child Care Handbook