***This position will be open until filled.***
The Redding Rancheria is seeking a Temporary ECE Teacher Assistant. The schedule for this position is Monday through Friday, 12:00pm-5:30pm.
Assist ECE Teachers with the supervision of classroom and playground activities and field trips. Help plan, organize and deliver age appropriate learning activities. Major emphasis is on developmentally appropriate practices, safety and positive classroom management.
- High School Diploma
- Must have or obtain within 6 months:
o California Child Development Assistant Permit (for more information see: www.ctc.ca.gov)
o Must have CDA credential or an AA or BA degree in ECE (or equivalent with ECE units)
o For further clarification on acceptable degrees see Head Start Act of 2007 and other resources on the Head Start web site: www.eclkc.ohs.acf.hhs.gov/hslc
- Must pass physical examination, including tuberculosis screening, on initial hire and annually thereafter.
- Must be fingerprinted, pass background check, drug tests and DMV clearance.
- Must have valid California driver’s license and clear driving record.
- Must have and maintain current CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must be fluent in computer skills including at a minimum: internet, email, Microsoft Office/Word. Must be able to learn and fully utilize program data base (EZ Care) and web based assessment program. (Teaching Strategies Gold)
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Assist in planning and implementing developmentally appropriate curriculum that advances all areas of children’s learning and development, including social, emotional, intellectual, and physical competence.
2. Assist in preparing weekly lesson plans, noting goals and objectives.
3. Assist in observations of individual children in the group setting; refer to the Staff Team any children with special needs such as developmental delay or disability, speech impairments, attention deficit disorder, inappropriate anger, etc.
4. Support the development and learning of individual children, recognizing that children are best understood in the context of family, culture, and society; include weekly Native American cultural activities in weekly curriculum.
5. Assist in maintaining required records such as: attendance records, meal counts, weekly lesson plans, child observations and corresponding individualization’s, etc.
6. Cultivate and maintain a positive professional working relationship with parents, other family members and/or childcare givers. Encourage and facilitate regular two-way communication.
7. Attends workshops and training events as assigned.
8. Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children.
9. Respond proactively to children’s absences and/or account for children at all times.
10. Understands and implements safety rules, emergency procedures, and established policies, etc.
11. As mandated, identify and report suspected child abuse to proper authorities following established guidelines. Ensures safety of children at all times.
12. Assist in parent orientation as is relates to classroom schedule, classroom management and forms of discipline.
13. Monitor children on the bus during transportation.
14. Follows the Code of Ethical Conduct as established by the NAEYC.
15. Assists in using Zono machine on a regular cleaning schedule. More often during cold and flu season.
A completed Redding Rancheria job application must be submitted in order to be considered for employment. You can fill out an application online at www.reddingrancheria-nsn.gov, please fax (530-242-4563) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
All certifications, credentials/ licenses, education verification /degrees and/or transcripts, and Indian verification are required to process your application.
Indian preference applies, but we welcome all applicants who wish to apply for this position. Certification of Native American heritage needs to be attached to the job application.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background screening clearance. All employees are required to submit to a Tuberculosis test (TB) test after they are hired in addition to being tested annually.
To minimize the spread of COVID-19, the Redding Rancheria will require all healthcare employees to report their vaccination status and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Any healthcare employees with medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs that prevent them from taking the vaccine may be entitled to an exemption.
We offer a competitive salary as well as having a work schedule running Monday through Friday. In addition, Redding Rancheria offers an excellent benefit package containing Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short/Long Term disability, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave as well as a generous 401(k) retirement plan.
Redding Rancheria is a federally recognized Tribe with Pit River, Wintu and Yana people where pride in Tribal culture, history and identity is evident internally and in the larger community. Redding Rancheria is a leader in the constructive development of its people, the larger Indian community and the Redding region.
Redding Rancheria participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Visit the E-Verify URL below for more information.
For further information, please contact Human Resources Dept. at (530) 225-8979.