***This position is open until filled. ***17-08-202
The Redding Rancheria is seeking a ECE Teacher.
Redding Rancheria is seeking an ECE Teacher with a BA degree. ECE Teacher is responsible for planning and implementing the daily classroom plans and activities of the classroom. Major emphasis is on developmentally appropriate practices, safety and positive classroom management.
- Must have or obtain within 6 months:
- California Child Development Teacher Permit (for more information see: ctc.ca.gov
- AA degree in ECE (or equivalent with ECE units) required.
- Minimum two years’ experience with preschool children
- Must pass physical examination, including tuberculosis screening, on initial hire and annually thereafter.
- Must be fingerprinted, pass background check, drug tests and DMV clearance.
- Must have valid California driver’s license and clear driving record.
- Must have and maintain current CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must be fluent in computer skills including at a minimum: internet, email, Microsoft Office/Word. Must be able to learn and fully utilize program data base (Child Plus) and web based assessment program (Teaching Strategies Gold).
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening.
- Indian preference.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Plan and implement developmentally appropriate curriculum that advances all areas of children’s learning and development, including social, emotional, intellectual, and physical competence; prepares weekly lesson plans, noting goals and objectives.
- Creates and maintains an attractive, safe, learning environment, following Developmentally Appropriate Best Practices, and other rating tools such as ECKRS, CLASS and CCIC. Understands and implements safety rules, emergency procedures and established policies and procedures.
- Observe and document your observations of individual children in the group setting; refer to the Staff Team any children with special needs such as developmental delay or disability, speech impairments, attention deficit disorder, inappropriate anger, etc.
- Responsible for the ongoing assessment of individual children’s developmental level. Make recommendations as to children’s kindergarten readiness, and other developmental concerns. Maintains individual child records, long and short-term goals and develops the IEP’s with input from others.
In addition we ask that you please submit 3 personal references and DMV driving record.
A completed Redding Rancheria job application must be submitted in order to be considered for employment. You can fill out an application online at www.redding-rancheria.com, please fax (530-242-4563), email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or bring in to Redding Rancheria at 2000 Redding Rancheria Road, Redding Ca 96001.
All certifications, credentials/ licenses, education verification /degrees and/or transcripts, and Indian verification are required to process your application.
Indian preference applies, but we welcome all applicants who wish to apply for this position. To receive Indian preference, certification of Native American heritage needs to be attached to the job application.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background screening clearance. All employees are required to submit to a Tuberculosis test (TB) test after they are hired in addition to being tested annually.
We offer a competitive salary as well as having a work schedule running Monday through Friday. In addition, Redding Rancheria offers an excellent benefit package containing Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short/Long Term disability, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave as well as a generous 401(k) retirement plan.
Redding Rancheria is a federally recognized Tribe with Pit River, Wintu and Yana people where pride in Tribal culture, history and identity is evident internally and in the larger community. Redding Rancheria is a leader in the constructive development of its people, the larger Indian community and the Redding region.
Redding Rancheria participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Visit the E-Verify URL below for more information.
For further information, please contact Human Resources Dept. at (530) 225-8979.