***This position is open until filled. ***
Redding Rancheria is seeking a Food Service Worker/Teacher Assistant. Responsible for the daily smooth and safe operation of the vended food program. Major emphasis is on maintaining proper food temperatures and cleanliness.
- Minimum High School diploma or GED.
- Experience in school cafeteria, residential care facility of other similar setting extremely helpful
- Knowledge of health and safety requirements (OSHA / Head Start, ChildCare Food Program).
- Basic clerical skills including typing, filing, and familiarity with computers.
- CPR and First Aid certification
- Must pass physical examination, including tuberculosis screening, on initial hire and annually thereafter.
- Must be fingerprinted, pass background check, drug test.
- Must complete and pass the online CA Food Safety Program. (90 minute course)
In addition we ask that you please submit 3 personal references and DMV driving record.
A completed Redding Rancheria job application must be submitted in order to be considered for employment. You can fill out an application online at www.redding-rancheria.com, please fax (530-242-4563), email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or bring in to Redding Rancheria at 2000 Redding Rancheria Road, Redding Ca 96001.
All certifications, credentials/ licenses, education verification /degrees and/or transcripts, and Indian verification are required to process your application.
Indian preference applies, but we welcome all applicants who wish to apply for this position. To receive Indian preference, certification of Native American heritage needs to be attached to the job application.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background screening clearance. All employees are required to submit to a Tuberculosis test (TB) test after they are hired in addition to being tested annually.
We offer a competitive salary as well as having a work schedule running Monday through Friday. In addition, Redding Rancheria offers an excellent benefit package containing Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short/Long Term disability, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave as well as a generous 401(k) retirement plan.
Redding Rancheria is a federally recognized Tribe with Pit River, Wintu and Yana people where pride in Tribal culture, history and identity is evident internally and in the larger community. Redding Rancheria is a leader in the constructive development of its people, the larger Indian community and the Redding region.
Redding Rancheria participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Visit the E-Verify URL below for more information.
For further information, please contact Human Resources Dept. at (530) 225-8979.