***This position is open until filled. ***
Redding Rancheria is seeking a Health and Disabilities Coordinator. The Health and Disabilities Coordinator plans, facilitate, and coordinate health, mental health, disabilities, nutrition, and safety objectives of the program to ensure alignment with the Head Start Performance Standards. Major emphasis includes design and delivery of children, parent, and staff education in the areas of health and disabilities. In addition, the Health and Disabilities Coordinator. Major emphasis is on safety and program quality. Handle confidential information with discretion.
- Minimum BA degree, preferably related to one or more of the disciplines that staff oversees; Child health, mental health and education, special education, administration. For further clarification on acceptable degrees see the Head Start Revised Performance Standards 2016 on the Head Start web site: eclkc.ohs.hhs.gov/hslc
- A minimum of two years’ work experience with early childhood families, preferably in a Head Start setting.
- Must be able to generate statistical data, analyze the results and put in narrative reports.
- CPR and First Aid certification annually renewed.
- Must be highly organized.
- Must pass physical examination including required inoculations, tuberculosis screening on initial hire and annually thereafter. Flu Shot Seasonally.
- Must be fingerprinted, pass pre-employment background check, drug screening and health screening.
- Must have valid California driver’s license and DMV clearance.
- Indian preference.
In addition we ask that you please submit 3 personal references and DMV driving record.
A completed Redding Rancheria job application must be submitted in order to be considered for employment. You can fill out an application online at www.redding-rancheria.com, please fax (530-242-4563), email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or bring in to Redding Rancheria at 2000 Redding Rancheria Road, Redding Ca 96001.
All certifications, credentials/ licenses, education verification /degrees and/or transcripts, and Indian verification are required to process your application.
Indian preference applies, but we welcome all applicants who wish to apply for this position. To receive Indian preference, certification of Native American heritage needs to be attached to the job application.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background screening clearance. All employees are required to submit to a Tuberculosis test (TB) test after they are hired in addition to being tested annually.
We offer a competitive salary as well as having a work schedule running Monday through Friday. In addition, Redding Rancheria offers an excellent benefit package containing Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short/Long Term disability, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave as well as a generous 401(k) retirement plan.
Redding Rancheria is a federally recognized Tribe with Pit River, Wintu and Yana people where pride in Tribal culture, history and identity is evident internally and in the larger community. Redding Rancheria is a leader in the constructive development of its people, the larger Indian community and the Redding region.
Redding Rancheria participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Visit the E-Verify URL below for more information.
For further information, please contact Human Resources Dept. at (530) 225-8979.