***This position is open until filled.***
The Redding Rancheria is seeking a Staff Attorney.
Under the direction of the Tribal Attorney, Staff Attorney will provide legal advice and legal assistance to the Tribal Council and the Tribal administration. Consults directly with the Legal Department and as directed with the Chief Executive Officer, the Executive Team, department heads and casino management.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited law school, or other authorized legal studies program, and a member in good standing of a state bar.
- Must pass the California Bar exam and become a member of the California State Bar within a reasonable time period after commencing work for the tribe.
- Must have at least five (5) years of experience as an attorney including at least two (2) years of experience in federal Indian Law.
- Must be fingerprinted and pass background check
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening.
- Indian preference.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Develop special expertise in federal Indian law as well as those aspects of California law affecting tribal operations.
2. Acquire familiarity with Tribal programs, operations and laws.
3. Conducts legal research and drafts legal memoranda and documents.
4. Assists tribal court litigants in filling out forms and preparing motions for tribal court.
5. Prepares/reviews legal documents, such as contracts from all the tribes’ organization, including the Health Center, Casino, Tribal Office and Head Start.
6. Represents client before quasi-judicial or administrative agencies of government.
7. Represents the Tribe and its departments in administrative and legal proceedings
8. Interprets laws, rulings, and regulations for individuals and businesses.
9. Prepares and files motions.
10. Drafts Tribal ordinances and regulations.
A completed Redding Rancheria job application must be submitted in order to be considered for employment. You can fill out an application online at www.reddingrancheria-nsn.gov, please fax (530-242-4563) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
All certifications, credentials/ licenses, education verification /degrees and/or transcripts, and Indian verification are required to process your application.
Indian preference applies, but we welcome all applicants who wish to apply for this position. Certification of Native American heritage needs to be attached to the job application.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background screening clearance. All employees are required to submit to a Tuberculosis test (TB) test after they are hired in addition to being tested annually.
To minimize the spread of COVID-19, the Redding Rancheria will require all healthcare employees to report their vaccination status and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Any healthcare employees with medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs that prevent them from taking the vaccine may be entitled to an exemption.
We offer a competitive salary as well as having a work schedule running Monday through Friday. In addition, Redding Rancheria offers an excellent benefit package containing Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short/Long Term disability, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave as well as a generous 401(k) retirement plan.
Redding Rancheria is a federally recognized Tribe with Pit River, Wintu and Yana people where pride in Tribal culture, history and identity is evident internally and in the larger community. Redding Rancheria is a leader in the constructive development of its people, the larger Indian community and the Redding region.
Redding Rancheria participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Visit the E-Verify URL below for more information.
For further information, please contact Human Resources Dept. at (530) 225-8979.