***This position is open until filled***
The Redding Rancheria is seeking a Registered Dietician.
Plans, develops, implements, and evaluates the clinical and related community components of nutrition for Redding Rancheria Tribal Health Center patients. Works in a team environment under the direction of the Community Health Director.
- Possess a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in dietetics or nutrition.
- Valid registration with the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Diabetes Educators Certification Preferred.
- Have a valid California Driver’s License with reliable transportation.
- Ability to work with Native American peoples with an appreciation for their culture, diet, traditions and understanding of health issues.
- Adequate computer skills to include Microsoft Office.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently.
- Requires the ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds and push or pull up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- CPR certification for infants, children and adults.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening.
- Indian preference.
- Must be fingerprinted and pass background check.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide Medical Nutrition Therapy in diverse settings: clinic, home, and group for elders, pregnant woman, adults, and children.
- Document Medical Nutritional Therapy in electronic medical records following RRTHC policies and Medicaid and Medicare guidelines in ADIME format.
- Manage referrals received from providers and recommend referrals for care that is needed that is outside current scope of practice.
- Plan, implement, and participate in health promotion activities and classes including but not limited to exercise and nutrition for adults and children, weight management, and bariatric
- surgery in the Redding Rancheria community under the direction of the Community Health Director.
- Participate with activities in the Redding Rancheria Community, including partnership with: Redding Rancheria Head Start, Redding Rancheria Senior Nutrition, Shasta County Public
- Health, neighboring tribes in service area, and local health fairs.
- Provide consultation and training on nutrition topics for other team members, health care providers, community health representatives, and other Tribal programs.
- Assists with identification and/or development of high quality patient education materials and tools which are appropriate for each patient’s knowledge.
- Acts as liaison between patients and other health care members.
- Provides cooking demonstration classes and grocery shopping tours for adults and youth to assist with promoting healthy behaviors.
A completed Redding Rancheria job application must be submitted in order to be considered for employment. You can fill out an application online at www.reddingrancheria-nsn.gov, please fax (530-242-4563) or email (email@example.com).
All certifications, credentials/ licenses, education verification /degrees and/or transcripts, and Indian verification are required to process your application.
Indian preference applies, but we welcome all applicants who wish to apply for this position. Certification of Native American heritage needs to be attached to the job application.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background screening clearance. All employees are required to submit to a Tuberculosis test (TB) test after they are hired in addition to being tested annually.
To minimize the spread of COVID-19, the Redding Rancheria will require all healthcare employees to report their vaccination status and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Any healthcare employees with medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs that prevent them from taking the vaccine may be entitled to an exemption.
We offer a competitive salary as well as having a work schedule running Monday through Friday. In addition, Redding Rancheria offers an excellent benefit package containing Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short/Long Term disability, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave as well as a generous 401(k) retirement plan.
Redding Rancheria is a federally recognized Tribe with Pit River, Wintu and Yana people where pride in Tribal culture, history and identity is evident internally and in the larger community. Redding Rancheria is a leader in the constructive development of its people, the larger Indian community and the Redding region.
Redding Rancheria participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Visit the E-Verify URL below for more information.
For further information, please contact Human Resources Dept. at (530) 225-8979.