***This position is open until filled.***
The Redding Rancheria is seeking a Registered Dental Assistant.
Under the direction of the Assistant Dental Director, provides a range of clinical administrative and staff support to the dental services operation. Assists in the performance of dental and radiography procedures; prepares and maintains dental equipment and supplies in accordance with established protocol, procedures, policies, and standards, and assists in the coordination of day-to-day patient administration, records management, and office support activities.
- Current California State Board of Registered Dental Assistant License.
- Radiography Certification.
- CPR certification required.
- Tuberculosis screening, Hepatitis A & B.
- Pit and fissure sealant certification
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening.
- Indian preference.
- Must be fingerprinted and pass background check.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs all skills as defined by the RRTHC Scope of Services
- Set up appropriate instruments for procedures.
- Assist Dentist with fourhanded dental procedures.
- Perform sealants and coronal polish procedures at the direction of the Dentist.
- Learn staff dentists preferences for procedures and materials as required to work with multiple Dentists daily.
- Seat a patient and take vitals.
- Preview medical histories for the dentist, including any pre-medications.
- Prevention of transmission of infectious diseases. Required to stay up to date with current universal precautions and sterilization techniques.
- Expose diagnostic radiographs in accordance with safety standards.
- Dental imaging producing high quality images including radiographs, intraoral photographs, and extraoral photographs for diagnostic records.
- Perform laboratory duties, including impressions and pouring models.
- Patient impressions for lab processed prosthetics as directed by the Dentist and coordinated with outside labs.
- Responsible for maintenance of dental equipment.
- Schedule needed repairs of dental equipment and coordinate with technician to reduce impact on patient care.
- Sterilize instruments; disinfect and organize examination rooms.
- Weekly spore tests of sterilizers and maintenance of logs to meet AAAHC standards and presentation of documentation in audits.
- Provide preventative dental education to clinic patients.
- Review provider instructions with patients regarding home care and return visits.
- Present post-op instructions and denture care instructions independently.
- Oversees daily operation of back office functions in coordination with staff dentist.
- Data entry in the electronic dental record, electronic health record, and excel spreadsheets for tracking dental health metrics.
- Dental supplies: ordering, stocking, tracking of shipments, and control of costs.
- Initiate referrals with the PRC department, checking eligibility, documenting treatment plans, and guiding patients through the referral process.
- Responsible for tracking referrals to specialist and follow up appointments.
- Communicate in a professional manner with specialist’s office by phone, email, or fax as required.
- Scheduling of all appointment types: hygiene, procedures, and exams. Timing and placement of appointments must be optimized to keep dentists schedules efficient, productive, and manageable.
- Current knowledge of dental coding, maintained yearly with CDT updates and applicable ICD codes.
- Coordinate with billing coder in correct use of CDT codes for procedures performed by the dentist.
- Review insurance and check eligibility as needed with front office staff.
- Provide administrative support for staff dentists.
- Rotate among other Redding Rancheria health campuses when needed.
A completed Redding Rancheria job application must be submitted in order to be considered for employment. You can fill out an application online at www.reddingrancheria-nsn.gov, please fax (530-242-4563) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
All certifications, credentials/ licenses, education verification /degrees and/or transcripts, and Indian verification are required to process your application.
Indian preference applies, but we welcome all applicants who wish to apply for this position. Certification of Native American heritage needs to be attached to the job application.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background screening clearance. All employees are required to submit to a Tuberculosis test (TB) test after they are hired in addition to being tested annually.
To minimize the spread of COVID-19, the Redding Rancheria will require all healthcare employees to report their vaccination status and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Any healthcare employees with medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs that prevent them from taking the vaccine may be entitled to an exemption.
We offer a competitive salary as well as having a work schedule running Monday through Friday. In addition, Redding Rancheria offers an excellent benefit package containing Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short/Long Term disability, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave as well as a generous 401(k) retirement plan.
Redding Rancheria is a federally recognized Tribe with Pit River, Wintu and Yana people where pride in Tribal culture, history and identity is evident internally and in the larger community. Redding Rancheria is a leader in the constructive development of its people, the larger Indian community and the Redding region.
Redding Rancheria participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Visit the E-Verify URL below for more information.
For further information, please contact Human Resources Dept. at (530) 225-8979.