***This position will be open until filled***
The Redding Rancheria is seeking a Physician Assistant-Certified/ Family Nurse Practitioner-Certified (Psychiatry).
Physician Assistant and/or Family Nurse Practitioner helps patients by evaluating medical and psychosocial conditions; developing and implementing treatment plans, including prescription of psychotropic medications; monitoring and evaluating treatment results. Responsibilities also include serving as a consultant for program services to Redding Rancheria staff and community, and working to increase the understanding of individual and community behavioral health issues and service delivery. This position is under the supervision of the Behavioral Health Director.
- Three years professional experience preferred.
- Must have current Physician license and Controlled Substance License.
- Must pass background assessment of moral character and legal status. Must submit to fingerprint identification with law enforcement and be able to work with children.
- Must demonstrate emotional stability, independent judgment, and initiative in professional activities and relationships with clients and co-workers.
- Valid California Driver’s license.
- Position requires occasional travel.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening.
- Indian preference
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develops treatment plans by determining nature and extent of cognitive, emotional, developmental, social, and behavioral disorders; establishing treatment goals and methodologies.
- Conducts physical examinations; observing behaviors; reviewing medical history and related documents; selecting, administering, and interpreting psychological tests; ordering laboratory tests and evaluating results.
- Treats patients by utilizing psychotherapeutic methods and medications; discussing progress toward goals with patients; providing instructions; monitoring effect of medications; supervising staff provision of services.
- Monitor patients to determine efficacy and potential side effects of medications.
- Maintains interdisciplinary treatment by reviewing treatment plans and progress; consulting and collaborating with primary care physicians, mental health therapists, nurses, and other health care providers.
- Assures quality of care and safe service practices for patients and staff by adhering to policies, procedures, standards, rules, accreditation requirements, and legal regulations; participating in utilization reviews; remaining available for emergency consultations.
- Improves staff competence by providing training and discussions regarding the
- interrelationship between psychosocial and physiological problems, psychotropic medications, crisis intervention, and related issues.
- Maintains historical records by documenting symptoms, medications, and treatment events; writing summaries.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in continuing medical educational opportunities;
- reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
A completed Redding Rancheria job application must be submitted in order to be considered for employment. You can fill out an application online at www.reddingrancheria-nsn.gov, please fax (530-242-4563) or email (email@example.com).
All certifications, credentials/ licenses, education verification /degrees and/or transcripts, and Indian verification are required to process your application.
Indian preference applies, but we welcome all applicants who wish to apply for this position. Certification of Native American heritage needs to be attached to the job application.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background screening clearance. All employees are required to submit to a Tuberculosis test (TB) test after they are hired in addition to being tested annually.
To minimize the spread of COVID-19, the Redding Rancheria will require all healthcare employees to report their vaccination status and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Any healthcare employees with medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs that prevent them from taking the vaccine may be entitled to an exemption.
We offer a competitive salary as well as having a work schedule running Monday through Friday. In addition, Redding Rancheria offers an excellent benefit package containing Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short/Long Term disability, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave as well as a generous 401(k) retirement plan.
Redding Rancheria is a federally recognized Tribe with Pit River, Wintu and Yana people where pride in Tribal culture, history and identity is evident internally and in the larger community. Redding Rancheria is a leader in the constructive development of its people, the larger Indian community and the Redding region.
Redding Rancheria participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Visit the E-Verify URL below for more information.
For further information, please contact Human Resources Dept. at (530) 225-8979.