***This position will be open until filled***
The Redding Rancheria is seeking a Physical Therapist.
Restores patient’s function, alleviates pain, and prevents disabilities by planning and administering medically prescribed physical therapy.
- A current license as a Physical Therapist from the Physical Therapy Board of California
- Doctorate of Sports Medicine preferred, Masters of Sports Medicine required
- Required 5 years of experience as a Physical Therapist
- Must be fingerprinted and pass background check.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening.
- Indian preference.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Helps patient accomplish treatment plan and accept therapeutic devices by administering manual exercises; instructing and assisting patients in performing physical activities, such as non-manual exercises, ambulatory functional activities, and daily-living activities and in using assistive and supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, and prostheses.
- Evaluates effects of physical therapy treatments and fit of prosthetic and orthotic devices by observing, noting, and evaluating patient’s progress; recommending adjustments and modifications.
- Completes discharge planning by consulting with physicians, nurses, or others as necessary.
- Assures continuation of therapeutic plan following discharge by designing home exercise programs; instructing patients, families, and caregivers in home exercise programs; recommending and/or providing assistive equipment; recommending outpatient or home health follow-up programs.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects hospital operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Develops physical therapy staff by providing information; developing and conducting in-service training programs.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
A completed Redding Rancheria job application must be submitted in order to be considered for employment. You can fill out an application online at www.reddingrancheria-nsn.gov, please fax (530-242-4563) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
All certifications, credentials/ licenses, education verification /degrees and/or transcripts, and Indian verification are required to process your application.
Indian preference applies, but we welcome all applicants who wish to apply for this position. Certification of Native American heritage needs to be attached to the job application.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background screening clearance. All employees are required to submit to a Tuberculosis test (TB) test after they are hired in addition to being tested annually.
To minmize the spread of COVID-19, the Redding Rancheria will require all healthcare employees to report their vaccination status and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Any healthcare employees with medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs that prevent them from taking the vaccine may be entitled to an exemption.
We offer a competitive salary as well as having a work schedule running Monday through Friday. In addition, Redding Rancheria offers an excellent benefit package containing Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short/Long Term disability, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave as well as a generous 401(k) retirement plan.
Redding Rancheria is a federally recognized Tribe with Pit River, Wintu and Yana people where pride in Tribal culture, history and identity is evident internally and in the larger community. Redding Rancheria is a leader in the constructive development of its people, the larger Indian community and the Redding region.
Redding Rancheria participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Visit the E-Verify URL below for more information.
For further information, please contact Human Resources Dept. at (530) 225-8979.