***This position will be open until filled***
The Redding Rancheria is seeking a Pharmacy Technician.
Under direction from the Pharmacist in Charge: provide customer service; answer phones; operate Point of Sale (POS) register, responsible for third party insurance and grant billing, maintaining the pharmacy stock levels; assist pharmacist in filling prescriptions in accordance with Federal and State laws governing the pharmacy industry.
- Active California State Board of Pharmacy Technician license in good standing required
- Basic computer and typing skills.
- Cash register and customer service experience.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening.
- Indian preference
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Read and correctly interpret physician’s orders. (i.e., drug name, strength, dose, and directions)
- Calculate proper dosages and days of supply
- Type prescription labels with speed and accuracy.
- Process refill requests received directly from patients, by telephone, or via electronic communication.
- Accomplish third party insurance billing, and communicate with insurance companies whenever necessary.
- Record patient allergies and alert the pharmacist.
- Operate register, handle money and prepare deposits accurately.
A completed Redding Rancheria job application must be submitted in order to be considered for employment. You can fill out an application online at www.reddingrancheria-nsn.gov, please fax (530-242-4563) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
All certifications, credentials/ licenses, education verification /degrees and/or transcripts, and Indian verification are required to process your application.
Indian preference applies, but we welcome all applicants who wish to apply for this position. Certification of Native American heritage needs to be attached to the job application.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background screening clearance. All employees are required to submit to a Tuberculosis test (TB) test after they are hired in addition to being tested annually.
To minimize the spread of COVID-19, the Redding Rancheria will require all healthcare employees to report their vaccination status and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Any healthcare employees with medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs that prevent them from taking the vaccine may be entitled to an exemption.
We offer a competitive salary as well as having a work schedule running Monday through Friday. In addition, Redding Rancheria offers an excellent benefit package containing Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short/Long Term disability, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave as well as a generous 401(k) retirement plan.
Redding Rancheria is a federally recognized Tribe with Pit River, Wintu and Yana people where pride in Tribal culture, history and identity is evident internally and in the larger community. Redding Rancheria is a leader in the constructive development of its people, the larger Indian community and the Redding region.
Redding Rancheria participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Visit the E-Verify URL below for more information.
For further information, please contact Human Resources Dept. at (530) 225-8979.