***This position will be open until filled***
The Redding Rancheria is seeking a Network Administrator.
The Network Administrator’s role is to ensure the stable operation of the in-house computer network. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links. This individual is also responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing all databases to ensure the integrity and high availability of data and their accompanying software. The person will analyze and resolve end user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or six to ten years of Network Administration experience.
- Must have a complete and well-rounded knowledge of information systems, including project management, competency in the development environment, as well as knowledge and application of the system development lifecycle.
- Strong conceptual and analytical orientation; intellectual curiosity and unstructured problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to meet agreed-upon deadlines. Strong organization and project management skills a must.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage servers, including e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software.
- Manage security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems.
- Manage all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, and UPSs.
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Ensure network connectivity of all workstations. Administer all equipment, hardware and software upgrades.
- Perform network design and capacity planning.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
A completed Redding Rancheria job application must be submitted in order to be considered for employment. You can fill out an application online at www.reddingrancheria-nsn.gov, please fax (530-242-4563) or email (email@example.com).
All certifications, credentials/ licenses, education verification /degrees and/or transcripts, and Indian verification are required to process your application.
Indian preference applies, but we welcome all applicants who wish to apply for this position. Certification of Native American heritage needs to be attached to the job application.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background screening clearance. All employees are required to submit to a Tuberculosis test (TB) test after they are hired in addition to being tested annually.
To minimize the spread of COVID-19, the Redding Rancheria will require all healthcare employees to report their vaccination status and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Any healthcare employees with medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs that prevent them from taking the vaccine may be entitled to an exemption.
We offer a competitive salary as well as having a work schedule running Monday through Friday. In addition, Redding Rancheria offers an excellent benefit package containing Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short/Long Term disability, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave as well as a generous 401(k) retirement plan.
Redding Rancheria is a federally recognized Tribe with Pit River, Wintu and Yana people where pride in Tribal culture, history and identity is evident internally and in the larger community. Redding Rancheria is a leader in the constructive development of its people, the larger Indian community and the Redding region.
Redding Rancheria participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Visit the E-Verify URL below for more information.
For further information, please contact Human Resources Dept. at (530) 225-8979.