***This position is open until filled***
The Redding Rancheria is seeking a Medical Scribe.
Medical Scribes are individuals trained in medical documentation who assist a provider throughout their shift. The primary goal is to increase the efficiency and productivity of the physician. It will be the responsibility of the Medical Scribe to annotate any dictated or written information for the treatment of patients following all local, state and federal guidelines for documentation into the electronic health record system. The Medical Scribe will be responsible for clearly recording each patient’s symptoms, history, physical exam and documenting the diagnosis. This position will have no direct involvement in patient care but has an interdepartmental role in assisting nursing and front office staff.
- One year experience in healthcare field or minimum 2 year of college education with Medical Terminology, Anatomy and Physiology coursework/degree.
- Must be fingerprinted and pass background check.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening.
- Indian preference.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- The primary role of the Medical Scribe is to assist the clinician with documentation of each patient’s medical chart during his or her visit.
- Accompanies the clinician into the patient examination area in order to transcribe a history and physical examination as given by the patient and physician.
- Documents any procedures performed by the clinician or nurses, on the electronic medical chart.
- Is an expert in the use of various templates and documentation techniques available in the EHR system, and use these tools efficiently so individual encounters can be well documented, as well as accurately congregate data collected for statistical reports.
- Transcribes any consultations or discussions with family members and/or the clinician.
- Completes the patient’s chart by transcribing results of any labs, x-rays, or other evaluations. In doing so, the scribe continuously checks on the progress of this data in order to get the patient’s workup complete so that the clinician is able to make his or her decisions regarding that patient.
- Lists all proper diagnoses as well as any follow up instructions and prescriptions, as dictated by the clinician.
- Other duties as assigned.
A completed Redding Rancheria job application must be submitted in order to be considered for employment. You can fill out an application online at www.reddingrancheria-nsn.gov, please fax (530-242-4563) or email (email@example.com).
All certifications, credentials/ licenses, education verification /degrees and/or transcripts, and Indian verification are required to process your application.
Indian preference applies, but we welcome all applicants who wish to apply for this position. Certification of Native American heritage needs to be attached to the job application.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background screening clearance. All employees are required to submit to a Tuberculosis test (TB) test after they are hired in addition to being tested annually.
To minimize the spread of COVID-19, the Redding Rancheria will require all healthcare employees to report their vaccination status and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Any healthcare employees with medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs that prevent them from taking the vaccine may be entitled to an exemption.
We offer a competitive salary as well as having a work schedule running Monday through Friday. In addition, Redding Rancheria offers an excellent benefit package containing Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short/Long Term disability, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave as well as a generous 401(k) retirement plan.
Redding Rancheria is a federally recognized Tribe with Pit River, Wintu and Yana people where pride in Tribal culture, history and identity is evident internally and in the larger community. Redding Rancheria is a leader in the constructive development of its people, the larger Indian community and the Redding region.
Redding Rancheria participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Visit the E-Verify URL below for more information.
For further information, please contact Human Resources Dept. at (530) 225-8979.