***This position will be open until filled***
The Redding Rancheria is seeking a Limited Scope X-Ray Technician/Float Medical Assistant.
The limited X-ray Technician performs diagnostic x-rays within their licensure for patients of all ages as directed by physician. Assumes responsibility for accuracy under the direction of the radiologist; works effectively with patients and other clinic personnel. Assists health care providers in the delivery of outpatient health care to patients.
- XT X-Ray Permit/License in torso, extremity, chest and digital imaging required.
- Certificate of completion from an accredited limited radiology program, including digital training.
- CPR certification required.
- Preferred 2 years of experience as a Limited X-Ray Tech in an ambulatory care facility or medical group practice.
- Certification as Medical Assistant or 2 years of related healthcare experience or education in healthcare field.
- Knowledge of medical terminology/procedures, human anatomy and medical law/ethics.
- Must be fingerprinted and pass background check.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening.
- Indian preference.
ESENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepare patients for radiologic procedures and protects patients, self, and other staff from radiation hazards.
- Take X-rays following established procedures for patient care and safety, which involves setting up and operating radiographic equipment used in the medical diagnosis and/or treatment of patients.
- Position patients and performs X-rays of specific parts of the patients’ body as ordered by the medical provider.
- Process film and performs visual inspection of image for exposure factors (contrast, density, etc.) to ensure technical quality of digital image.
- Distribute X-ray to appropriate medical staff.
- Gathers pertinent previous studies, films, and patient documentation to submit to Radiologist for interpretation.
- Maintains radiological film files and storage, pulls X-Rays as required for referrals and/or copying.
- Assists lead Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) to maintain compliance in coordination with safety compliance outsource.
- X-ray technician/Medical Assistant will float as needed between health centers based on staffing and operational needs
- Assist with the initial intake of patients to the health clinic, Which includes verification of check-in procedures, review of medical screenings, timely rooming, obtaining vital signs of patients, confirms chief complaints/reason for visit; reviews patient medical history, allergies, medications and confirms information in Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Anticipates medical provider’s needs, and is proficient in set-up of medical procedures, including but not limited to, performing and/or preparing ordered lab specimens, procedural tray set-up for minor surgical procedures (vasectomies, circumcisions, IUD placement/removal, sutures, casts, pap and pelvic examinations.
- Responsible for data entry of pertinent information for compliance with quality measures (Quality Improvement Process (QIP); Government Performance and Results Act (GPRA), and Partnership Measures (as applicable) for facility reimbursement.
- Assists with patient flow management- acts as a liaison to inform patients of current status, wait time, relays pertinent information to providers and is responsible to facilitate follow-up scheduling of appointments and/or rescheduling as needed.
- Proficient and responsible for the delivery of routine immunization, including the ability to perform rights of medication administration (right drug, route, patient, time, documentation), the ability to identify appropriate injection sites (adult/ well-child); and adhere to antiseptic technique with medication preparation and delivery.
- Participates in patient education, ensuring the patient is provided resources to enhance understanding of medications, treatments, disease management, expectations and when to follow-up if needed.
- Assist with providing explanation of treatments and procedures at the start of applicable appointments.
A completed Redding Rancheria job application must be submitted in order to be considered for employment. You can fill out an application online at www.reddingrancheria-nsn.gov, please fax (530-242-4563) or email (email@example.com).
All certifications, credentials/ licenses, education verification /degrees and/or transcripts, and Indian verification are required to process your application.
Indian preference applies, but we welcome all applicants who wish to apply for this position. Certification of Native American heritage needs to be attached to the job application.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background screening clearance. All employees are required to submit to a Tuberculosis test (TB) test after they are hired in addition to being tested annually.
To minimize the spread of COVID-19, the Redding Rancheria will require all healthcare employees to report their vaccination status and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Any healthcare employees with medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs that prevent them from taking the vaccine may be entitled to an exemption.
We offer a competitive salary as well as having a work schedule running Monday through Friday. In addition, Redding Rancheria offers an excellent benefit package containing Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short/Long Term disability, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave as well as a generous 401(k) retirement plan.
Redding Rancheria is a federally recognized Tribe with Pit River, Wintu and Yana people where pride in Tribal culture, history and identity is evident internally and in the larger community. Redding Rancheria is a leader in the constructive development of its people, the larger Indian community and the Redding region.
Redding Rancheria participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Visit the E-Verify URL below for more information.
For further information, please contact Human Resources Dept. at (530) 225-8979.