***This position will be open until filled***
The Redding Rancheria is seeking an Infection Control Coordinator/RN.
Under the general supervision from the Director of Nursing, the Infection Control Coordinator is responsible for collecting, analyzing, reporting data, recommending policies and procedures, educating employees, and coordinating the infection control program for Redding Rancheria Tribal Health System. The Infection Control Coordinator works collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team to ensure compliance with existing standards and guidelines of applicable professional organizations and regulatory agencies.
- Registered Nurse (RN) license required (unrestricted).
- Strong clinical nursing experience of at least 2 years.
- Maintain current CPR certificate.
- Knowledge of current Infection Control Practices and procedures preferred.
- Certification in Infection Control (CIC) should be achieved within two years in the position.
- Must be fingerprinted and pass background check.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensures compliance with regulations and requirements of accrediting healthcare organizations and governing bodies.
- Writes, modified, and recommends Policy and Procedure to medical leadership team for ultimate approval related to the Infection Control Program within the Redding Rancheria Tribal Health System.
- Works in collaboration with Human Resources, Director of Nursing, and Nurse Educator, to support the Employee Illness and Injury Program and Infection Control Program, including the education of clinical and administrative staff members, and consulting with external agencies as applicable.
- In collaboration with other departments, develops and implements an annual infection prevention plan and evaluates the plan for goal achievement.
- Assists with ongoing assessment of department goals, programs, policies, and procedures as well as supporting nursing staff in completing competencies related to infection prevention.
- Liaison with triage nursing and human resources to support employee health activities such as immunizations, health screenings, internal contact tracing.
- Collaboration with other internal department and public health agencies in response to public health events and situations.
- Assists with implementation and maintenance of infection prevention and control strategies related to controlling the transmission of infectious agents.
- Reviews relevant public health issues to integrate into practice. Maintains knowledge of current Infection Prevention regulations and recommendations.
- Provide subject matter expertise and counsel on relevant public health issues and integration into clinic practice.
- Cooperates with the county and state department of public health regarding infectious and communicable disease reporting.
- Presents and provides the infection prevention reports to the Leadership team and associated committees; this report may include risk assessments, results of infection prevention program goal achievements, and matters of concern.
- Ensures the completion of audits regarding the implementation of and compliance with selected policies.
- Organizes and leads regularly scheduled meetings for the Infection Control Committee to review Infection Control policies and procedures, surveillance data, and any Infection Control related problems or issues.
- As needed, coordinates with Environmental and/or Safety Coordinator to develop and implement best methods and processes for overall environmental procedures and products to prevent infection.
A completed Redding Rancheria job application must be submitted in order to be considered for employment. You can fill out an application online at www.reddingrancheria-nsn.gov, please fax (530-242-4563) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
All certifications, credentials/ licenses, education verification /degrees and/or transcripts, and Indian verification are required to process your application.
Indian preference applies, but we welcome all applicants who wish to apply for this position. Certification of Native American heritage needs to be attached to the job application.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background screening clearance. All employees are required to submit to a Tuberculosis test (TB) test after they are hired in addition to being tested annually.
To minimize the spread of COVID-19, the Redding Rancheria will require all healthcare employees to report their vaccination status and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Any healthcare employees with medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs that prevent them from taking the vaccine may be entitled to an exemption.
We offer a competitive salary as well as having a work schedule running Monday through Friday. In addition, Redding Rancheria offers an excellent benefit package containing Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short/Long Term disability, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave as well as a generous 401(k) retirement plan.
Redding Rancheria is a federally recognized Tribe with Pit River, Wintu and Yana people where pride in Tribal culture, history and identity is evident internally and in the larger community. Redding Rancheria is a leader in the constructive development of its people, the larger Indian community and the Redding region.
Redding Rancheria participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Visit the E-Verify URL below for more information.
For further information, please contact Human Resources Dept. at (530) 225-8979.