***This position will be open until filled.***
The Redding Rancheria is seeking a Family Nurse Practitioner/Physician’s Assistant for our Trinity Health Center. The schedule for this position is four 10-hour shifts with exact days to be determined upon offer.
Provide services to patients within the framework of a practice agreement consistent with the “Nurse and/or Physician’s Assistant Practice Acts.”
- Family Nurse Practitioner-Graduate of an accredited Family Nurse Practitioner Program and posses a current and valid R.N. license.
- Physician Assistant-Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Program and possess a valid Physician Assistant certificate.
- CPR certification or ALLS certification preferred.
- Must be fingerprinted and pass background check.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening.
- Indian preference.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Provide direct patient care services within the scope of a family practice physician assistant including out patient and low risk obstetric care. Meeting specific needs of the local Native American population in the health service area in accordance with supervising agreements and standardized care procedures.
2. Consult with physician medical staff on complex patient care issues.
3. Manage and document patient care in the Electronic Medical Record; including but not limited to: patient visit, electronic prescribing, lab and order management.
4. Assure that health education is provided with each patient encounter.
5. Assist in the development of Standards of Care for the medical department.
6. Provide required federal and state ambulatory patient care data on appropriate forms.
7. Obtains appropriate consultations when problems presented are outside the scope of practice or when unfamiliar with a particular aspect of patient care.
8. Participate in Quality Assurance (QA) and Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) activities, including regularly scheduled department and provider meetings, case management, Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee, Drug Utilization and Review, clinical audits and peer review.
9. Advise the Medical Department Management Team of any situations that may adversely impact the efficiency of the medical department.
A completed Redding Rancheria job application must be submitted in order to be considered for employment. You can fill out an application online at www.reddingrancheria-nsn.gov, please fax (530-242-4563) or email (email@example.com).
All certifications, credentials/ licenses, education verification /degrees and/or transcripts, and Indian verification are required to process your application.
Indian preference applies, but we welcome all applicants who wish to apply for this position. Certification of Native American heritage needs to be attached to the job application.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background screening clearance. All employees are required to submit to a Tuberculosis test (TB) test after they are hired in addition to being tested annually.
To minimize the spread of COVID-19, the Redding Rancheria will require all healthcare employees to report their vaccination status and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Any healthcare employees with medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs that prevent them from taking the vaccine may be entitled to an exemption.
In addition, Redding Rancheria offers an excellent benefit package containing Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short/Long Term disability, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave as well as a generous 401(k) retirement plan.
Redding Rancheria is a federally recognized Tribe with Pit River, Wintu and Yana people where pride in Tribal culture, history and identity is evident internally and in the larger community. Redding Rancheria is a leader in the constructive development of its people, the larger Indian community and the Redding region.
Redding Rancheria participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Visit the E-Verify URL below for more information.
For further information, please contact Human Resources Dept. at (530) 225-8979.