Essential Job Duties:
- Provide direct patient care services within the scope of a family practice physician assistant including outpatient and urgent care services. Meeting specific needs of the local Native American population in the health service area in accordance with supervising agreements and standardized care procedures.
- Consult with physician medical staff on complex patient care issues.
- Manage and document patient care in the Electronic Medical Record; including but not limited to: patient visit, electronic prescribing, lab and order management.
- Assure that health education is provided with each patient encounter.
- Assist in the development of Standards of Care for the medical department.
- Provide required federal and state ambulatory patient care data on appropriate forms.
- Obtains appropriate consultations when problems presented are outside the scope of practice or when unfamiliar with a particular aspect of patient care.
- Participate in Quality Assurance (QA) and Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) activities, including regularly scheduled department and provider meetings, case management, Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee, Drug Utilization and Review, clinical audits and peer review.
- Advise the Medical Department Management Team of any situations that may adversely impact the efficiency of the medical department.
- Family Nurse Practitioner-Graduate of an accredited Family Nurse Practitioner Program and posses a current and valid R.N. license.
- Physician Assistant-Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Program and possess a valid Physician Assistant certificate.
- CPR certification or ALLS certification preferred.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening.
- Indian preference.
- Must be fingerprinted and pass background check