***This position is open through Thursday, April 15, 2021.***
Under the direction of the Head Start Program Manager, the Family Intake Coordinator works to establish and develop relationships in supporting family well-being, parent-child relationships, school attendance and school readiness. The Family Intake Coordinator is responsible for activities related to Eligibility, Recruitment, Selection, Enrollment and Attendance for Head Start and Child Care as well as works cooperatively with other department staff to complete our ERSEA intake process. The Family Intake Coordinator works cooperatively with community agencies to educate families about resources to attain their family goals. Further serves as our Program Substitute; ECE Classroom teacher substitute; filling in when staff are absent.
- BA in ECE, Social Services, Human Services, Family Services, Psychology, or related fields.
- Must have or Obtain within 6 months:
- Minimum of 12 units in ECE
- California Child Development Permit (for more information see: ctc.ca.gov) CPR and First Aide Certification required.
- Minimum of three years work experience with early childhood families, including home visiting, preferably in a Head Start or other social service setting.
- Must have valid California Driver’s license.
- Must pass physical examination, including required inoculations, tuberculosis screening and flu shot on initial hire and annually thereafter.
- Must be fingerprinted, pass background check, drug tests and DMV clearance.
- Indian Preference
In addition we ask that you please submit 3 personal references and DMV driving record.
A completed Redding Rancheria job application must be submitted in order to be considered for employment. You can fill out an application online at www.reddingrancheria-nsn.gov, please fax (530-242-4563), email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
All certifications, credentials/ licenses, education verification /degrees and/or transcripts, and Indian verification are required to process your application.
Indian preference applies, but we welcome all applicants who wish to apply for this position. To receive Indian preference, certification of Native American heritage needs to be attached to the job application.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background screening clearance. All employees are required to submit to a Tuberculosis test (TB) test after they are hired in addition to being tested annually.
We offer a competitive salary as well as having a work schedule running Monday through Friday. In addition, Redding Rancheria offers an excellent benefit package containing Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short/Long Term disability, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave as well as a generous 401(k) retirement plan.
Redding Rancheria is a federally recognized Tribe with Pit River, Wintu and Yana people where pride in Tribal culture, history and identity is evident internally and in the larger community. Redding Rancheria is a leader in the constructive development of its people, the larger Indian community and the Redding region.
Redding Rancheria participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Visit the E-Verify URL below for more information.
For further information, please contact Human Resources Dept. at (530) 225-8979.