***This position is open through Friday, September 30th***
The Redding Rancheria is seeking a Full-Time Energy and Emergency Intake Coordinator.
Responsible for developing, monitoring, implementing, and evaluating the tribes various energy and emergency assistance programs. Staff person will be responsible for prioritizing and registering energy and emergency assistance applications, scanning applications into electronic filing system and assisting with crisis energy program coordination as needed.
- Associate’s degree or post-secondary training preferred.
- One year of work experience in a position performing clerical functions in an office/service organization setting.
- Experience in human/social service organization preferred.
- Advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Possession of a valid, current California driver’s license.
- Must be willing to submit to background check and fingerprinting.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening.
- Indian preference.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Monitor electric and hard copy program service documentation to ensure that appropriate
Information has been documented.
- File energy assistance applications and applicant verifications into electronic filing system.
- Maintain tracking system to oversee federal funding allocations for the LIHEAP Program.
- Assist with batching and payment notification for crisis energy program.
- Prioritize and register energy assistance applications into the tribal processing system.
- Ensure application registrations and completions are up to date according to program guidelines.
- Assist in the day-to-day clerical operations including typing of letters, reports, memorandums, and announcements.
- Help in the training of extra help.
- Understand and communicate program regulations, policies and procedures to staff.
- Assure timely payment to vendors; communicate with vendors as required for smooth program operation and maximum client benefit.
- Assure that funding is spent according to regulations, and that clients in need can access the assistance in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with Tribal agency departments, to assure that clients in other service components are aware of and can access energy and emergency assistance and that energy and emergency assistance clients can easily access other Tribal agency services according to their needs.
- Promote the program in the Tribes service area through networking, public speaking, media relations, attendance/presentation at community functions.
- Provide ongoing monitoring and evaluation of program effectiveness including goal achievement and outcomes.
- Coordinate Tribal agency participation in Spring and Fall fairs including organizing weatherization kits, providing domestic violence safety planning brochure, coordinating tasks with community partners and working with vendors to obtain donations.
- Perform other duties as required.
A completed Redding Rancheria job application must be submitted in order to be considered for employment. You can fill out an application online at www.reddingrancheria-nsn.gov, please fax (530-242-4563) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
All certifications, credentials/ licenses, education verification /degrees and/or transcripts, and Indian verification are required to process your application.
Indian preference applies, but we welcome all applicants who wish to apply for this position. Certification of Native American heritage needs to be attached to the job application.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background screening clearance. All employees are required to submit to a Tuberculosis test (TB) test after they are hired in addition to being tested annually.
To minimize the spread of COVID-19, the Redding Rancheria will require all healthcare employees to report their vaccination status and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Any healthcare employees with medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs that prevent them from taking the vaccine may be entitled to an exemption.
We offer a competitive salary as well as having a work schedule running Monday through Friday. In addition, Redding Rancheria offers an excellent benefit package containing Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short/Long Term disability, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave as well as a generous 401(k) retirement plan.
Redding Rancheria is a federally recognized Tribe with Pit River, Wintu and Yana people where pride in Tribal culture, history and identity is evident internally and in the larger community. Redding Rancheria is a leader in the constructive development of its people, the larger Indian community and the Redding region.
Redding Rancheria participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Visit the E-Verify URL below for more information.
For further information, please contact Human Resources Dept. at (530) 225-8979.