***This position is open until filled***
The Redding Rancheria is seeking a Computer Technician.
The Computer Technician’s role is to support and maintain in-house computer systems, desktops, and peripherals. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance. This person also assists in maintaining all forms of telecommunications and Audio Visual Systems such as telephone, fax, voice mail, electronic mail, paging and cellular telephones.
- 4 years related experience in a business IT environment.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science preferred.
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- Experience with Windows operating systems.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening.
- Indian preference.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides support to end users on a variety of issues. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems. Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support. Tracks and monitors the problem to insure a timely resolution.
- Maintain IT and AV Hardware and/or Software inventory and make monthly reports.
- Perform preventative maintenance on computer systems including printers and other peripherals as scheduled. Inspects equipment for defects and repairs or replace parts. Maintains audiovisual equipment in working condition.
- Registers hardware and software for warranty purposes.
- Responds to trouble calls on all IT and AV request in a timely manner with limited supervision.
- Train personnel in operation of computer software and hardware. Train personnel in operation of audiovisual equipment.
A completed Redding Rancheria job application must be submitted in order to be considered for employment. You can fill out an application online at www.reddingrancheria-nsn.gov, please fax (530-242-4563) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
All certifications, credentials/ licenses, education verification /degrees and/or transcripts, and Indian verification are required to process your application.
Indian preference applies, but we welcome all applicants who wish to apply for this position. Certification of Native American heritage needs to be attached to the job application.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background screening clearance. All employees are required to submit to a Tuberculosis test (TB) test after they are hired in addition to being tested annually.
To minimize the spread of COVID-19, the Redding Rancheria will require all healthcare employees to report their vaccination status and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Any healthcare employees with medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs that prevent them from taking the vaccine may be entitled to an exemption.
We offer a competitive salary as well as having a work schedule running Monday through Friday. In addition, Redding Rancheria offers an excellent benefit package containing Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short/Long Term disability, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave as well as a generous 401(k) retirement plan.
Redding Rancheria is a federally recognized Tribe with Pit River, Wintu and Yana people where pride in Tribal culture, history and identity is evident internally and in the larger community. Redding Rancheria is a leader in the constructive development of its people, the larger Indian community and the Redding region.
Redding Rancheria participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Visit the E-Verify URL below for more information.
For further information, please contact Human Resources Dept. at (530) 225-8979.