***This position will be open until filled***
The Redding Rancheria is seeking a Licensed Therapist.
$20,000 SIGNING BONUS AVAILABLE!!!
Bonus Eligibility Requirements:
· Must successfully complete a 6 month Trial Service period to receive the signing bonus
· Must agree to and complete a 2 year service commitment
The Licensed Therapist is licensed/certified independently to provide direct Mental Health and Chemical Dependency services in an outpatient medical setting to Native Americans residing in the eastern half of Trinity County and the western two-thirds of Shasta county who have mental health, substance abuse, or co-occurring disorders. This provider will conduct mental health intakes, substance abuse assessments, individual, family and group treatment and Integrative/crisis services to patients and their families. Responsibilities also include serving as a consultant for program services to Redding Rancheria staff and community, and working to increase the understanding of individual and community behavioral health issues and service delivery. This position is under the supervision of the Behavioral Health Director.
- A Master’s degree in Marriage and Family Therapy , or a Master’s degree in Social Work
- Must be currently licensed in good standing to practice as an independent Marriage and Family Therapist, or independent LCSW
- Must pass background assessment of moral character and legal status. Must submit to fingerprint identification with law enforcement and be able to work with children.
- Must demonstrate emotional stability, independent judgment, and initiative in professional activities and relationships with clients and co-workers.
- Valid California Driver’s license. Individual must be insurable by Tribe’s automobile insurer.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening.
- Indian preference.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide mental health and substance abuse assessments, develop and implement treatment plans, provide case management, referral and coordination with other allied professionals and treatment providers, including medical providers, psychiatrists, Tribal Child and Family Services, school IEP coordinators, courts, and other community based agencies.
- Have a functional understanding of DSM-5 psychiatric disorders, psychoactive medications, brain physiology and demonstrate a working knowledge of various theoretical models of psychotherapy, including brief therapy, behavioral counseling, substance abuse and other culturally relevant forms of treatment.
- Facilitate and co-facilitate group therapy sessions for targeted client groups, such as adolescents, elders, trauma or abuse survivors, addictive behaviors, anger management, grief and/or support groups. Work with community to effectively advertise and recruit for group services.
A completed Redding Rancheria job application must be submitted in order to be considered for employment. You can fill out an application online at www.reddingrancheria-nsn.gov, please fax (530-242-4563) or email (email@example.com).
All certifications, credentials/ licenses, education verification /degrees and/or transcripts, and Indian verification are required to process your application.
Indian preference applies, but we welcome all applicants who wish to apply for this position. Certification of Native American heritage needs to be attached to the job application.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background screening clearance. All employees are required to submit to a Tuberculosis test (TB) test after they are hired in addition to being tested annually.
To minimize the spread of COVID-19, the Redding Rancheria will require all healthcare employees to report their vaccination status and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Any healthcare employees with medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs that prevent them from taking the vaccine may be entitled to an exemption.
We offer a competitive salary as well as having a work schedule running Monday through Friday. In addition, Redding Rancheria offers an excellent benefit package containing Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short/Long Term disability, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave as well as a generous 401(k) retirement plan.
Redding Rancheria is a federally recognized Tribe with Pit River, Wintu and Yana people where pride in Tribal culture, history and identity is evident internally and in the larger community. Redding Rancheria is a leader in the constructive development of its people, the larger Indian community and the Redding region.
Redding Rancheria participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Visit the E-Verify URL below for more information.
For further information, please contact Human Resources Dept. at (530) 225-8979.